I’m a South Australian (Adelaide; One tree hill) born + raised; turned Brisbane based creative sorceress, with a background in event management with the Gold Coast Indy/ V8 Super Cars, It wasn’t until 2011 that i owned my first dslr and the growth from there followed, In 2015 I went head on into creating conceptual imagery which is where my heart lies.
If you were to ask what my style or genre is I would probably go with portraiture – conceptual portraiture with an etherial or magical take on it, I’ve dabbled in product photography, worked with established fashion labels both within Australia and America. I’m still mastering the landscape side of imagery, this is where i started out when I got my first dslr. How times change when we have a real passion for what we do!!
From the get go i’ve had the wildest imagination, I’m far from normal but in a good way.. I like to think a square has more than four sides – outside the box – I’m professional + uber creative + passionate about my style of imagery. Planning/executing and photographing a conceptual session, is where you will find me most days.
Awards and Accolades
- 2014 International Loupe Awards 3x bronze awards
- 2014 9th Annual Black and White Spider Awards Nominee – Fine Art
- 2014 Inaugural shooting raw winner
- 2014 Arcanum Apprentice – Jackie Ranken
- 2012 Open Brief Winner Canon Photo 5 – Wind
- 2012 Finalist Canon Photo 5 – Wind
- 4 x Featured in an international photography challenge
- Website: Sarah Penny Photography
- Facebook: Sarah Penny Photography
- Instagram: @sarahpennyphotography
- Pinterest: Sarah Penny Photography